Many users complained about receiving QuickBooks error TD500 while using multiple versions of QuickBooks Desktop on their device. This error may also be caused whenever the user tries to access their credit card in QuickBooks Desktop. Everytime, the error occurs, the following error message bumps on your computer screen that says:
Table of Contents
“There was a problem with your update,” error code TD500.
Consequently, users fail to get the newly launched updates of QBDT on their system. And thus, they won’t be able to get their hands on the software’s advanced and top-notch security features. Due to this, it is necessary to tackle QuickBooks Desktop error TD500 asap. To simplify this, we have come up with this post consisting of all the relevant info required to eliminate this error.
If you don’t know how to figure out QuickBooks error TD500 on your own and need instant help? All you have to do is to call our experts at +1(855)-738-0359 and get all answers to your questions within no time.
Follow These Instructions to Overcome QuickBooks Error Code TD500
If you got stuck with QuickBooks error TD500, you don’t have to go anywhere else to find the solutions to fix the issue. We have provided you with the proper instructions using which you can quickly deal with this issue.
Solution 1:- Install the repair file after uninstalling QuickBooks 2016.
You can opt for this option only if you are currently not accessing QuickBooks 2016. Also, your data file won’t get removed if you uninstall it. Go through the instructions given below for the installation of the repair file.
- Open QuickBooks, hit the F2 key on your keyboard, and note down the version of QuickBooks you are presently using.
- Exit the QuickBooks application and if you are using multiple versions of QB, verify that all of them are closed.
- Press the Windows key, type “Control Panel” within the search field, and open the Control Panel.
- Move to the Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- Opt for the QuickBooks Desktop 2016 or QuickBooks Enterprise 16.0 and choose the Uninstall/Change option. Act according to the onscreen instructions. If you don’t get the Uninstall option, log out of Windows and log in as a Windows admin user.
- After uninstalling it, download the repair file. You can suppose to save the file on the Desktop where it is easy to find.
- Following this, unzip the file by double-clicking on it.
- Now, locate and right-click on the file named quickbooks_fix_tdtool.bat and opt for the Run as Administrator option.
- When it may finish, open the QuickBooks version where the error occurr.
- Process the payment for your customer as usual.
Must Read: View Journal entries in QuickBooks Online
Solution 2:- Update all your versions of QuickBooks and install the repair file
- You must know the version of QuickBooks you are currently using. To know about the QB version, press the F2 key.
- Exit from the QuickBooks application. If you are using multiple versions, ensure you have closed them all.
Determine the QuickBooks versions you are using
- Initially, click on the Start menu.
- After this, scroll down to the letter Q.
- Choose the down arrow to opt for your QuickBooks folder. By doing so, you will get all the versions of QB that you have installed.
Install QuickBooks updates and repair file
- Open each version and ensure your QB can upgrade to the latest version in the first step. To do this quickly, click on the Help menu > Update QuickBooks.
- Download the repair file after getting the surety that your QuickBooks application can update. Then, save it to a convenient location, such as Desktop.
- To unzip the file, double-click it.
- Afterwards, tap on the Run as Administrator from the context menu when you right-click QuickBooks fix tdtool.bat.
- When it’s finished, open the QuickBooks version that has the mistake. If you see any on-screen instructions, follow them correctly.
- At last, process the payment for your customer as usual.
Summing It Up!!
So, this is all about QuickBooks Error TD500, and we hope that the solutions listed above will help you fix the error. However, if you get stuck at any of the above listed steps, call our experts at +1(855)-738-0359 and get instant help.