Has your knee pain snatched away all your happiness and enjoyment in life? Do you feel difficult to perform even simple activities like walking or climbing stairs? Undoubtedly, it’s time for you to consult the top orthopaedic surgeons. These medical practitioners have expertise in treating various musculoskeletal conditions, including problems related to joints, muscles, nerves, bones and ligaments and so on. So, if you are from Gurgaon, pissed off with your knee, back, and other musculoskeletal problems, the best ortho in Gurgaon can help reduce or remove your pain.
On your visit to the doctor, they will examine and ascertain your knee’s strength, stability and range of motion to conclude whether or not you need a knee replacement surgery. Worry not! The surgery is a safe, secure and effective measure for relieving pain, correcting the leg deformity and helping you resume normal activities. If you are consulting the best knee replacement surgeon in Gurgaon, rest assured they will efficiently execute the operation, which involves resurfacing the damaged knee bones and replacing those with prostheses or artificial joints fashioned from high-quality plastic and metal.
Knee Replacement: What Are the Causes?
The most common cause to opt for a knee arthroplasty or replacement is nothing but osteoarthritis. Various types of arthritis can bring in chronic and unbearable pain. The following are the primary amongst them:
- Osteoarthritis: Mostly occurring in people above 50 years; this type of arthritis causes wear and tear of the knees. At first, the cartilage cushioning the knee bones wears away, exposing the bones to rub against each other, giving rise to stiffness and pain.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: This disease leads to inflammation of the synovial membrane surrounding our knee joints. As the most common type of inflammatory arthritis, this disease damages the cartilages causing tremendous pain and stiffness.
- Post-traumatic arthritis: If you are having acute knee injuries or fractures, it can damage the articular cartilage and knee ligaments, restricting your knee functions or enhancing the pain and stiffness.
When Do You Need a Knee Arthroplasty?
The best knee replacement surgeon in Gurgaon may suggest you undergo knee replacement surgery for various reasons. Here are some situations notifying you to prepare for surgery:
Must Read: The Best Knee Brace for Arthritis: Don’t Suffer Any Longer!
- If the pain and stiffness restrict you from doing everyday activities like walking, climbing stairs, or getting in and out of chairs. Also, if you find it extremely difficult to walk more than a few blocks with no pain, you must know it is time to discuss with the best ortho in Gurgaon; about the knee surgery.
- If you feel moderate to severe pain while resting, you must immediately contact your doctor seeking a remedy.
- If the swelling and inflammation around your knee do not cure even after proper medications, you might need to go for knee replacement.
- In the cases where your knee has a bow in or out constituting a deformity, knee surgery is the only solution.
Step-by-Step Procedure to Knee Replacement Surgery!
Usually, the best knee replacement surgeon in Gurgaon executes the surgery in four basic steps, here they are:
- Firstly, the surgeons remove the damaged surfaces of the femur and tibia bones with a small amount of underlying bone.
- Secondly, the doctors position the metal implants in place of the discarded bone and cartilages, cementing or press-fitting them to the bones.
- Thirdly, the kneecap or patella is cut and replaced with a fine-quality plastic button. Though it depends on the circumstance of the case and the doctor’s choice.
- Lastly, to help ease movement, an even surface is created by inserting a medical-grade plastic spacer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What risks can occur in a knee replacement surgery?
Like any other surgery, knee arthroplasty also involves certain risks; for example- infection, blood clots in veins or legs, nerve damage etc.
Q. What tests will I need to perform for the surgery?
Your doctor might recommend you to do an X-Ray of the knees, MRIs or other blood tests.
Q. What is the time for recovery?
Patients generally resume their normal activities within a few weeks post-surgery. However, act according to your doctor’s advice.
Knee replacement surgery is familiar nowadays with the advancement of medical sciences and is a perfect means to say no to pain and irritation. Thanks to the best ortho in Gurgaon for their remedial treatment, valuable guidance and encouragement. It have helped many to get back to their normal happy and fulfilled life.